What do I do with Household Hazardous Waste?

Residents may freely dispose of household hazardous waste at the HRRA-sponsored event; one event is typically held in May in Newtown and the other is in September in Danbury. The calendar of events can be found here on the HRRA event webpage. The list of acceptable items that can be brought to these events can be found on the event page as well.

If you have other questions regarding how to dispose of household waste, the State DEP provides helpful information on the DEP website.

For a list of items that can be disposed of at our local Mom and Pop Recycling Center, visit the Recycling Guide page.

Show All Answers

1. Can I pick up sand at the City Garage?
2. How does Drain Replacement work?
3. How do I dispose of Household Garbage?
4. What do I do with Household Hazardous Waste?
5. How do I report a Broken Street Light?
6. How do I report Broken Curbing?
7. How are installations of New Drainage Systems handled?
8. What do I do with Leaf and Yard Debris?
9. When do Street Sweepings happen?
10. How do Recycling Trucks work?
11. The plow driver tore up my lawn - Will the City fix it?
12. There are leaves and other debris blocking water access to a drain - Will the City clear it out?