The Equipment Maintenance Division is staffed by a 5 man team, including four Journeymen Mechanics and a Parts Attendant. Collectively they are responsible for the repair and service of a large municipal fleet of trucks, heavy construction equipment, road sweepers, mowers, road grading, and paving equipment, garbage trucks, tree bucket trucks, grapple trucks, catch basin vacuum trucks, and all four-wheel drive city department vehicles.
The highly skilled staff keeps the diverse fleet of trucks and equipment, safely on the road so that the expected city services can be provided. This is accomplished by the administration and management of spare parts, bulk fluid storage and recycling, tire replacement, major system repair and replacement, electrical and computer system diagnostics and repair, as well as managing a litany of vehicle and equipment manufacturers representatives, subcontractors, and vendors.
The equipment Maintenance Division manages and maintains the Fuel Storage and Dispensing Station at the Newtown Road Public Works Campus. This station, along with the New Street Station, provides fuel to the entire city fleet.
Our Accomplishments FY 2020 to 2021
- Serviced and maintained an entire fleet of trucks and equipment.
- Directly responsible for the seasonal changeover of multi-use truck and equipment requirements.
- Staffed and ready through all of the 15 winter ice and snowstorms; Equipment Maintenance kept all of the snow-fighting trucks and equipment on the road.
- Annual preparation of street sweeping equipment.
- Monitors and manages fuel storage levels.
- Contributes technical and practical knowledge to the Truck and Equipment Purchase Committee.