Environmental Impact Commission
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Bernard P. Gallo, Chairman
- Mary M. Cronin
- Tom Giegler
- Geoffrey Herald
- Mark G. Massoud, Secretary
- Matthew N Rose, Vice Chairman
- W. Alex Wolk, Jr.
- Elizabeth R. Falk
- Alternate Vacancy
The Environmental Impact Commission is charged with protecting and preserving wetlands and watercourses in the City of Danbury from random, unnecessary, undesirable, and unregulated uses, disturbance, or destruction. The primary purpose of the seven-member and three alternates Commission is to minimize disturbances and maintain and improve water quality.
Pursuant to Governor Lamont’s Executive Order No. 7I, Section 19 all electronic notices regarding land use applications and proceedings and any other applicable municipal proceeding as defined in the Order (as a substitute for published notice, clerk filings, and signage) for the Environmental Impact Commission will be filed below.
Pursuant to Governor Lamont’s Executive Order No. 7I, Section 19. i, an appeal of a decision by a Zoning Enforcement Officer or an agent of the Environmental Impact Commission may be commenced by regular mail addressed to the appropriate commission, board, or officer or by electronic service: Email Mary Larkin.
Pursuant to Governor Lamont’s Executive Order No. 7I, Section 19. h the requirement for commencement of an appeal of a municipal decision by service on the town clerk, or other town official may be satisfied by electronic service upon the Town Clerk: Email Town Clerk.
EIC Regulations & Forms
- Environmental Impact Commission Regulations (PDF)
- Administrative Approval for Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Activities (PDF)
- Application to Amend the Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Maps (PDF)
- Application to Conduct Regulated Activity (PDF)
- Designated Inlands Wetlands (PDF)
- Covid-19 Procedures - Public Notices, Land Use (PDF)
- Virtual Meetings - City of Danbury Land Use Commissions (PDF)